Adobe CS, Photoshop, Fireworks, After Effects, Freehand, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Acrobat, QuarkXpress, Flash, Action Script, Dreamweaver, GoLive, Graphics optimization, Color separation / Pre-press, PDF, Dynamic content, hand coding HTML, Firey print servers, Iris, E-stat, High volume cutters, die-cut, press operation
Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Contribute, Photoshop, After Effects, GoLive, InDesign, Quicktime, Real Networks, Squel Server, Oracle, HTML, DHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Asp, Java, CGI, Action Script, Visual Basic, SSH, FTP, DNS, SQL
8+ years of desktop / help desk experience as computer technician, Macintosh and PC specialist. Helped build IT department for DMS, Stickny Research, and played a key role in helping Speakeasy Networks help desk triple efficiency.
Track record of identifying deficiencies and making software / hardware improvements and suggestions that have saved thousands of dollars in salaries and expenses. Able to dramatically improve service, speed, and efficiency of large environments (4,000+ users).
Skilled, customer-oriented communicator who can interact with all levels of technicians, programmers, engineers, business executives, and even high-profile clientele. Articulate and exceptional written documentation and verbal presentation capability.
Self-motivated worker with a steep learning curve. Always eager to learn new things, willing to step up and help out wherever needed, always happy to do “grunt” work if needed and not afraid to get hands dirty.
Extensive experience with relevant software and equipment. Advanced knowledge of Adobe and Macromedia products. Analytical problem solver with demonstrated leadership in a team-driven environment, and a proven ability to quickly absorb information and adapt to new environments.
Extensive experience in desktop support, OS migration, planning, deployment, and implementation. Analytical problem solver with demonstrated leadership in a team-driven environment, and a proven ability to quickly absorb information and adapt to new environments.
13+ years of Web / Print development and production dealing with all stages of projects from concept to execution. Used to working in a fast paced environment either independently or as part of a team.
As part of the educational team, I help to create workshops and classes that help visitors get involved in programming and hardware development. My focus is on helping educators understand the fundamentals of analog electronics, Arduino based microcontrollers, the internet of things, robotics, wearable tech, and PCB design.
Additionally, I help the museum curators with exhibits that aim to spark conversations relevant to modern and emerging technology and how it impacts our society.
My extensive experience with branding and communications standards has helped to create a polished image for organizations that focus on educational outreach programs like The Technology Access Foundation (TAF). I also aid with the research and development of electronics hardware to be used for our many workshops and classes. I regularly research suppliers and coordinate shipments for delivery with tight deadlines. Working with instructors and educators, I help to ascertain what the needs are, then ensure that they are met.
As part of the Knowable and Operations team my responsibilities include writing technical documents and processing device images for interactive simulation scenarios. In addition I aiding in the development of tools, creation of authoring standards, and peer mentoring of fellow team members.
- Helping our team raise productivity through being a peer mentor.
- Taking photos of new devices and editing images for online publication.
- Upholding publishing standards and guidelines according to project requirements
- Developing tools to aid in productivity such as device emulators and project management applications.
Primary responsibilities consisted mainly of filling out and filing financial reports and dealing with critical errors with the computerized accounting system. Provided technical support for the both of the Downtown Seattle offices.
- Data analysis of daily reports.
- Assist users with all hardware and software related problems.
- Build and maintain images for workstations and some servers.
- Manage, setup all workstation and user moves.
- Support all Microsoft Office Suite and operating systems.
Worked with the staff and management to bring all computer hardware and software up to date. Orchestrated the database migration from FileMaker to Oracle. Implemented an office wide secure network including off site access to the new Oracle Database. Design and development of web applications and user interface.
- Assessing the technical needs of the staff.
- Provided support and administration in active directory and Oracle.
- Built and distributed machines.
- Creating dynamic content-driven Web Applications using Macromedia Flash, Action Script and Oracle.
- Corporate branding and design of company web site.
The Creative Group is a placement agency for graphic artists and provided a wide range of freelance and consulting opportunities at large companies with a fluctuating workload. Due to extensive web development experience, most work was web related.
- Assemblage and production of web media and artwork according to designer specs, template, and branding guidelines.
- QA, optimization of graphics, updates, and media changes on both live and developing web sites.
- Managing multiple clients and jobs in a high turnover / high stress environment.
- Extensive knowledge with relevant software. Adobe, Macromedia, Microsoft Office, QuarkXpress, FileMaker Pro, Action Script, HTML, Java, Visual Basic, CGI Script, Oracle, Sequel.
- Quick to learn new or proprietary software.
- Excellent problem detection and resolution skills.
Responsible for creating and implementing templates and standards for all of the company web sites. Working with a large team of design and technical staff. Served as the go-between for the CEO, design, and technical teams. Constantly striving to increase productivity for both departments.
- Worked with programmers, other designers, and market analysts to create first class web sites for various different venders.
- Worked with data engineers to execute several data driven web sites and web applications.
- Implemented a method of printing dynamic content onto promotional materials and brochures.
- Created CMS solutions for users with very little internet training.
- Managed a team of programmers and designers.
- Consulted with network administrators to maintain network security and increase network efficiency.
- Worked on User Interface, product testing, and rollout of scalable, proprietary system that substantially increased productivity while virtually eliminating data entry errors.
Web designer in the Production department. Responsible for building web sites and streamlining proprietary software to more efficiently generate web sites. Assigned to a production team that created bulk sites for new manufacturers.
- Optimized graphics for web sites.
- Used companies’ proprietary system to swiftly create web sites on demand.
- Creating new UNIX accounts using SSH.
- Managed many live sites on servers.
- Helped to streamline proprietary software to increase productivity and eliminate errors for manufacturers’ sites.
- Gained extensive experience with Flash Action Script.
Residential DSL and dial-up technical support. Gained experience with servers and UNIX programming. Provided technical support for difficult calls from both customers and Covad Technicians.
- Resolving conflicts and paving the way for smooth installations.
- Help start a Macintosh Support team.
- Implemented call tracking software on all incoming support requests to save hundreds of man-hours and drastically improved the company’s ability to identify and classify problems.
Lead Lighting and Sound Technician assisting in the installation of their new audio/video system from Sound Deluxe. Helped create a uniquely Seattle feel to the location without deviating from the overall established look of the company.
- Installation and maintenance of all Audio / Video / Lighting equipment. Complex networks of quadrant oriented media distribution, DMX lighting sequencers, infrared communications networks, off site media streaming and on site inventory.
- Assemblage and testing of new games. Assembled new games and participate in daily testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all games on and off site.
Worked with many high profile accounts from Union Bay, Seattle SeaHawks, BumberShoot, REI, Lucks Food Decorating Company.
- Managed large image archives.
- Lead for projects from concept to completion.
I did graphics production work for all of the games released that year.
- Quickly mastered propitiatory software.